Monday, August 19, 2013

Introducing Presley and Elvis...

Member #631 & 632
"ELVIS & PRESLEY"

ABOUT US: We got Prez from a breeder. He was a stud show dog that had came into retirement.
We went back to the breeder with the intention of adopting another retiree and she showed us Elvis who was born on the day that Prez retired.

He was Prez' last progeny and the only one that survived and the third chocolate dapple she has ever bred in her career.

We had completely felt in love with Prez whose show name was The President. He had the most wonderful temperament, had so much love to give and had managed to help my partner overcome his depression.We think that it's only fair we adopt his son.

It was one of those "meant to be" moments for my partner as Prez choose him and Prez was the only one that bonded with my partner from many of the others that my partner had fostered.

We could not be happier with Prez and Elvis and looking forward to the many years to come with them.

My partner has had dogs and has fostered many dogs from rescues his whole life and has never thought that it was a daschie called president that would help him have a better quality of life now.

(Ed. I got goosebumps reading this intro.  I think it is just beautiful that a little dog was able to give back to someone who had given of himself to foster dogs over and over again. We welcome you all to our long dog family.  Oh - and I love the naming chain)

No comments:

Post a Comment