To the tireless fundraising team
To our event helpers
- “My dachshund ate your stick family” car decals
- Online auction of facebook group banner
- 2014 Long Dogs WA calendar
- Online auction of VIVA! Photo shoots
- Christmas themed FUNdraiser (Races, drinks, hot dogs, Santa photos, paw prints, wheat bags, raffle, costumes, baubles)
- Sale of greeting cards, t-shirts, stickers etc
So I know most of you have skipped that stuff and scrolled down to find this. Our total figure raised is a staggering $9114.
Take a moment. Get a cup of tea. Have a lie down.
What we have learned from all of this frenzied activity is;
- Long Doggers are an amazing bunch of caring , supportive and slightly mad people and dogs
- Our volunteer administrators, organisers, sellers, judges, ideas people and all-round doers are pretty amazing, generous and very hard working
- We need a little float capital to set up these events so we’re not dipping into the proverbial pockets of our admins while we’re waiting for you slightly mad people to ante-up on orders.
We’d also like to know a few more things about what you’re thinking, so we will soon be sending you a survey and we’d really appreciate you taking the time to complete it. We’re growing all the time and we want to make sure we are doing the things you want us to be doing.
I should also note that although I have tried not to miss anyone - I usually do so if it's you this time, please let me know so I can make good.
Also, if you want to get involved and want to join the fundraising team we're happy to work you to the bone - I mean it's great fun and we'd love to have you on board. Send us an email or a message. getting involved is possibly the best thing I have ever done.