Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Introducing Ruby...

Member #777

"RUBY"

ABOUT ME: Unfortunately last March I had a motorcycle accident and badly broke my knee and have required three operations, a bone graft from my hip and I walked with the aid of two crutches for eleven months! As you can imagine I have spent a long time at home while my bones healed after each operation. It was during this time that my daughter Anna started asking whether she could get a miniature dachshund. My husband was opposed to it saying things like “you know we’ll end up looking after it” etc. Anyway, after a couple of months of continual asking for a pup we finally gave in and got “Ruby”, a short haired shaded red miniature female pup.

This little girl has given me so much love and companionship that I have never really felt lonely during the countless hours I spent on my own. Now that I am able to walk without the aid of crutches and with help from my husband Colin, we take Ruby and our Jack Russell “Louie” to Leighton Dog Beach most weekends and we all have a great time together. It’s wonderful to be able to walk on the soft sand and exercise my leg on what I believe to be the best beach in the world. I enjoy watching everyone having a great time with their dogs and just like people, I enjoy looking at the variety of the dogs who come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

So if you see “Ruby” wearing her little pink bikini top harness, come and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment